Here’s a look back at MLBTR’s original analysis and reporting over the past seven days.
- On the latest edition of the MLBTR Podcast, host Jeff Todd spoke to the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro about A.J. Pollock’s injury, and to me about the Gregory Polanco extension.
- Jeff looked back at the Nationals’ offseason, which included the signing of Daniel Murphy and a trade for Ben Revere.
- Jeff also analyzed the Dodgers’ winter, in which the team spread its spending among a wide variety of players while allowing Zack Greinke to leave for Arizona.
- Mark Polishuk reviewed an Athletics offseason in which David Forst and Billy Beane acquired Khris Davis and Jed Lowrie while focusing their free-agent spending on pitchers. (MLBTR’s entire Offseason Outlook series — which now includes reviews of 25 teams’ winters — can be found here.)
- On Wednesday, Steve Adams’ chat topics included the meaning of Robinson Cano’s fast start and the Astros’ usage of Ken Giles.
- On Thursday, Jeff chatted with MLBTR readers, discussing what new contracts for Jose Bautista and Adrian Beltre might look like.