- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
- Padres In Active Trade Talks Involving Nick Hundley
- Rangers Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment
- AL Notes: Amador, Lester, Gonzalez
- Astros Outright Lucas Harrell
- Padres Acquire Tyler Greene From Braves
- Tommy John Surgery Likely For Ivan Nova
- Orioles To Designate Steve Pearce For Assignment
- Blue Jays Claim Darin Mastroianni, Designate Kenny Wilson
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- NL Central Links: Maldonado, Volquez, Walker, Cubs
- Free Agent Notes: Hanrahan, Carbonell, Penny, Braddock
- Yankees Outright Cesar Cabral
- Ryan Roberts Accepts Outright Assignment
- Ryan Rowland-Smith Elects Free Agency
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Andrew Friedman Rumors
Brendan Bianowicz has more updates to the GM Trade History series. Today he covers the AL East. Check out the Excel spreadsheets below to see trades, free agent signings, and notable draft picks for each GM.
On this day 22 years ago the Cubs traded Ron Cey to the A’s. Cey, a six-time All-Star, would only play 45 games for Oakland. "The Penguin" would retire following the 1987 season. With two weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report, teams are still finalizing their 2009 rosters. Let’s take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- Baseball Handyman examines the bench constructed by the Mets this off-season and how unimpressive it is.
- Jorge Says No! re-examines the market for Manny Ramirez.
- My Pinstripes takes a look at the current state of the Yankees roster and how it can still change before opening day.
- River Ave. Blues says Adam Dunn is a "tempting target" for the Yankees and should remain on their radar until he signs.
- Bucco Blog sees the Pirates giving arbitration-eligible players long-term deals that do not buy out free agency years and feels the team is only attempting to keep payroll as low as possible and not trying to build a competitive team.
- Astros Country says Jake Peavy being traded to the Cubs would be the worst thing that could happen to the Astros this offseason.
- Braves Blast says that losing John Smoltz and Chipper Jones in consecutive seasons is not an option for Braves fans.
- Batter’s Box ranks the GMs statistically with Andrew Friedman coming out on top.
- UmpBump is wrapping up their "Hot Offseason Action" series looking at what each team did to improve this off-season.
- MLB Notebook takes a look at a few signings and compares them to the player they replaced.
- Midwest Sports Fans discusses Rich Hill‘s struggles.
Yahoo’s Tim Brown filed a column late last night; let’s take a look.
- Scott Boras doesn’t know of any kind of contingency where the Dodgers would have to unload Andruw Jones‘ contract before signing Manny Ramirez.
- The Angels have not yet made an offer to Mark Teixeira, but they’ll deal with that situation before moving on to other needs. Boras is suggesting Teixeira pays for himself.
- Boras compared Joe Crede to Magglio Ordonez. I think he is implying that he may seek big money for Crede but allow a team to opt out after a year if he hits the DL for back problems.
- Ken Williams spoke up manufacturing runs, while Billy Beane still prefers walks and homers.
- Rays GM Andrew Friedman doesn’t have a contract, but he isn’t concerned.
Links for Friday…
- The Padres claimed second baseman Travis Denker off waivers from the Giants. Surprising to see the Giants let him go.
- Ted Berg at MetsBlog explains how a Carlos Beltran rumbling spun out of control.
- I recently did a Brewers Q&A with Bernie’s Crew.
- The Padres called yesterday’s report about John Moores selling his share of the team "highly speculative." Tim Sullivan considers the statement revealing, and notes that this is a bad time to sell.
- Michael S. Schmidt of the New York Times chatted with Scott Boras.
- Mark Cuban mentions that the struggling economy is slowing down the sale of the Cubs.
- Terry Pluto believes the Indians should pursue Brian Roberts.
- David Brown at Yahoo profiles Theo Epstein and Andrew Friedman.
- Freddy Garcia is headed to winter ball. The Tigers will have the first crack at signing him. Andruw Jones will also play winter ball; he seems to want a trade if he’s not a starter next year.
- Elbow surgery for Tom Gordon, which probably means the Phillies will buy out his ’09 option for $1MM.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Andrew Friedman | Andruw Jones | Baltimore Orioles | Boston Red Sox | Brian Roberts | Carlos Beltran | Chicago Cubs | Cleveland Indians | Detroit Tigers | Freddy Garcia | Los Angeles Dodgers | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Scott Boras | Tampa Bay Rays | Theo Epstein | Tom Gordon
MLBTR contributor Brendan Bianowicz is back with another GM Trade History. This time it’s Andrew Friedman of the Rays. Click here to download the spreadsheet. Check out previous GMs in the series here.