On this date in 2004, Washington’s franchise was given a name, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. On that day, the National League squad was christened the “Nationals” with a sharp red-and-white color scheme.
Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere:
- AriBall discussed the pros of Hisashi Iwakuma.
- Mets 360 spoke with ex-Mets prospect Jeff Grose.
- Inside The ‘Zona reacted to the Jeremy Hellickson deal.
- Dance Like DeVito discussed the Mariners’ new GM.
- Clubhouse Corner examined the D’Backs’ farm system.
- The Sports Esquires evaluated Lorenzo Cain.
- TPOP says the Bucs can learn from the NL’s worst.
- Rumbunter says Chuck Tanner’s legacy is alive and well.
- Redbird Rants wonders if the Cards can get Freddie Freeman.
- 80 Grade Halos looked ahead to the Rule V Draft.
- Bronx Bomber Blogger advocated for Alex Gordon in NY.
- Notes From The Sally scouted Malquin Canelo.
- Know Hitter likes what the Mariners are doing already.
- Pinstriped Prospects looked into Eric Jagielo‘s future.
- Outside Pitch wonders if Darren O’Day is a fit for the Yanks.
- Brew Crew Ball looked at Jonathan Lucroy as an extension candidate.
- Outfield Fly Rule says the Braves sold high on Andrelton Simmons.
- Section 215 wonders what Ryan Howard can do in ’16.
- Jays Journal worries about Jesse Chavez‘s arm.
- MLB Reports ran down some NL East trade candidates.
- Baseball Essential discussed Zack Greinke‘s HOF candidacy.
- Roto Professor is high on Logan Allen.
- Baseball Hot Corner says the Jays should move Kevin Pillar.
- Yankees Unscripted wonders if Brett Gardner and Andrew Miller could go.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.