- Orioles Outright Suk-Min Yoon
- Yankees Acquire Josh Outman
- Dodgers, Phillies Complete Roberto Hernandez Trade
- Morneau Claimed By Brewers, Pulled Back By Rockies
- Astros Pull Chad Qualls Off Waivers
- Feldman, Colon Clear Revocable Waivers
- Athletics Acquire Geovany Soto
- Indians Acquire Chris Gimenez
- Red Sox Sign Rusney Castillo
- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Garrett Richards Out 6-9 Months
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Rangers Designate Mike Carp For Assignment
- Orioles Outright Suk-Min Yoon, Cord Phelps
- West Notes: Angels, Burnett, Tulowitzki, Astros
- Astros Claim Sam Deduno From Twins
- Yankees & Red Sox Notes: Tanaka, Lindgren, Shields
- Minor Moves: Chris Bassitt
- Tigers Designate Justin Miller For Assignment
- East Notes: Castillo, Herrera, Gillick
- Week In Review: 8/23/14 – 8/29/14
- White Sox To Pursue Victor Martinez In Free Agency
- NL Notes: Howard, Phillies, Venters, Brewers
- Minor Moves: Wilking Rodriguez, Tommy Field
- Royals Designate Bruce Chen For Assignment
- Angels Outright Dane De La Rosa
- Diamondbacks Release Xavier Paul
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Jason Repko Rumors
MLB.com's Ken Gurnick takes a look at what he figures to be an "exciting" offseason for the Dodgers. Let's go over the highlights:
- No surprise that Gurnick lists Manny Ramirez as the biggest question mark heading into 2010. Manny's 37, and while many feel he's a lock to pick up his $20MM option for 2010, Gurnick cautions not to be too sure. As Gurnick points out, Manny is as unpredictable as they come, as is his agent, Scott Boras. Gurnick reminds us of 2006, when no one thought J.D. Drew would walk away from $33MM guaranteed, but he and Boras did just that, securing more years and more dollars with the Red Sox. Additionally, Manny's told his teammates that the pounding on his legs is getting to him, and that he ought to be a designated hitter.
- The Dodgers are set to have up to $40MM come off the books this offseason, which should more than cover the arbitration raises due to Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, James Loney, Russell Martin, Chad Billingsley, Jonathan Broxton, George Sherrill, and Hong-Chih Kuo.
- Jason Schmidt accounts for $15.5MM of that $40MM sum. Gurnick says that Schmidt is "expected to retire."
- The Dodgers did extremely well signing Orlando Hudson and Randy Wolf to one-year deals last offseason, but now find themselves right back where they started, writes Gurnick, with second base and starting pitching as the biggest needs.
- Gurnick lists outfielder Jason Repko as a non-tender candidate.
- Rather than give the second base job to Blake DeWitt, Gurnick feels that an acquisition for second base is "almost a certainty."
According to George A. King III of the New York Post Austin Kearns or Jason Repko could become options for the Yankees if they decide to look outside the organization for outfield depth. Now that Xavier Nady could be out for a while the Yankees have moved Nick Swisher into right, but their bench isn't as deep as before.
King writes that the Dodgers "might be willing to trade" Repko and the Nationals "are said to be entertaining offers" for Kearns.
This King update is from a couple days ago. As MLB.com's Anthony DiComo writes we don't know much more about Nady's health now than we did Thursday. I'd expect the Yankees to get a full report on Nady before dealing for additional depth.
A look at Ken Rosenthal's column from yesterday afternoon…
- The Marlins chose Ross Gload over Frank Catalanotto, but are still considering signing Cat for the minimum now that he's been released.
- The Braves are not interested in bringing back Gary Sheffield. Meanwhile, Joel Sherman of the New York Post believes the Mets (as well as the Phillies and Reds) have an eye on Sheffield.
- Sheffield is apparently the only right-handed hitter on the Phillies' radar. Rosenthal learned that the Rockies' asking price for Jeff Baker is high.
- The Braves almost made a deal for Dodgers outfielder Jason Repko, but backed off recently.
- The Yankees will pass on Dallas McPherson, but the Giants may consider him.
- The Yanks don't seem desperate to move Melky Cabrera. They've received multiple calls on him but Rosenthal says "the team will only move him for the right price."
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Colorado Rockies | Dallas McPherson | Frank Catalanotto | Gary Sheffield | Jason Repko | Jeff Baker | Los Angeles Dodgers | Melky Cabrera | Miami Marlins | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Ross Gload | San Francisco Giants | Texas Rangers