- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Braves Front Office Move Coming “Very Soon,” Frank Wren Likely Out As GM
- Trade Candidate(s): The Reds’ Starting Pitchers
- Quick Hits: Red Sox, Martin, Cardinals
- Frank Wren’s Job Possibly In Jeopardy
- MLBTR Originals
- AL Notes: Rios, Leyva, Tanaka
- NL Central Notes: Martin, Huntington, Brewers, Cubs
- AL Notes: Soria, Indians, Cruz, Bogar
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Kang, O’s, D’Backs
- Yankees Designate Chaz Roe For Assignment
- AL East Notes: Rays, Tanaka, Red Sox, Tomas
- Bud Black To Return As Padres Manager
- Cafardo On Hellickson, Gardenhire, Ramirez
- The Most Improved Free Agents
- Poll: Who Will Sign Yasmany Tomas?
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
John Halama Rumors
Halama, 38, signed a minor league deal with the Brewers this winter, but was released prior to Opening Day. From there, the journeyman southpaw returned to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs of the Atlantic League where he had pitched in 2009.
Halama was 2-2 in six starts for the Blue Crabs this time around, posting a 1.62 ERA over 39 innings. He held opponents to a .201 average while striking out 22 versus just five walks. His control may have been a bit more erratic than it appears at first glance, however, as he also hit six batters.
The Brewers released pitcher John Halama, reports MLB.com's Adam McCalvy. Halama allowed ten hits in six spring innings. The 38-year-old southpaw signed with the Brewers in November after tossing 159.3 innings in '09 between the Braves' Triple A club and the independent Southern Maryland Blue Crabs.
With all the arbitration decisions flying around today, we haven't had time for an Odds & Ends until now.
- Diamond Leung tweeted last night that the Yankees "signed Taiwanese 18-year-old infielder Fu-Lin Kuo to six-figure bonus." Taiwan Baseball says Kuo received about $150K.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has the Cardinals, Phillies, Mets, and Giants as suitors for Mark DeRosa. ESPN's Buster Olney heard that a few teams are concerned with DeRosa's range at third base.
- Fungoes shows us "when the hot stove is the hottest," graphically. Looks about right to me…peaks in December, stays hot in January.
- A.J. Burnett talked to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News about Roy Halladay potentially being traded.
- Juan Castro will take his physical Thursday according to Andy Martino of the Philadelphia Inquirer; if he passes, his one-year deal with the Phillies will be official.
- ESPN's Jerry Crasnick wrote about potential fits for Jermaine Dye, noting that the Yankees have discussed him internally. Crasnick says geography will not be a major factor for Dye.
- MLB.com's Jordan Bastian tweeted comments from Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos regarding their search for a catcher. Anthopoulos is eyeing some potential non-tenders. Dioner Navarro and John Buck come to mind, with Kelly Shoppach going to the Rays.
- The market for Miguel Tejada should be decent now that he certainly will not cost a draft pick. SI's Jon Heyman tweets that the Cardinals, Phillies, Giants, Rangers, and Astros are interested. Rangers?
- MLB.com's Adam McCalvy reports that the Brewers officially announced their minor league deal with John Halama today.
- Nick Green's agent Tom O'Connell tells Ken Davidoff of Newsday his client is drawing "significant interest" on Major League contracts.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Houston Astros | Jermaine Dye | John Halama | Juan Castro | Mark DeRosa | Miguel Tejada | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Nick Green | Philadelphia Phillies | Roy Halladay | San Francisco Giants | St. Louis Cardinals | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the Brewers have signed John Halama to a minor-league deal with an invitation to major league camp.
Halama, 37, also drew interest from the Toronto Blue Jays. His career numbers are 56-48 with a 4.65 ERA. In 2009, he pitched to a 4.48 ERA in 90 1/3 innings with Gwinnett, Atlanta's Triple-A affiliate.
Milwaukee is a good landing spot for Halama. The Brewers are eager to revamp a pitching staff that recorded a 4.84 team ERA in 2009, 15th in the National League.