- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Latest On Middle Infield Market
- Latest On Royals’ Pitching Search
- Cubs Moving Closer To Bonifacio Trade
- AL East Notes: Yanks, Danks, O’s, Harvey, Rays
- Visit HoopsRumors.com and ProFootballRumors.com
- Cubs Acquire Felix Doubront
- Dodgers Acquire Darwin Barney
- Red Sox, Orioles Discussing Jon Lester
- Stark’s Latest: Price, Lee, Lackey, O’s, Yanks, Payroll Limits
- Rockies Unlikely To Trade Anderson, De La Rosa
- Jon Lester Rumors: Wednesday
- Nate Jones Undergoes Tommy John Surgery
- Mariners Out On Byrd; Yankees Have Interest
- Astros Looking To Move Chris Carter
- Chances Of Lackey Trade Are “Very Good”
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Kevin Cash Rumors
Links for Monday…
- Offers have begun rolling in for Aroldis Chapman, says ESPN's Keith Law. Also, MLB.com's Carrie Muskat says the Cubs talked to Chapman's agent but he "doesn't fit in their budget."
- ESPN's Peter Gammons tweets that Red Sox Director of Player Development Mike Hazen declined Jed Hoyer's offer to become the Padres' assistant GM.
- MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan says the Rangers "refused to rule out the possibility of Milton Bradley coming back to Texas." Sullivan wasn't willing to allow the possibility a month ago, when he wrote, "The Rangers are not interested in Bradley. Sources have made that clear. He is not coming back. So stop it." Back in September, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram said Bradley "pushed himself way down the wish list with his comments, and probably pushed himself off it completely."
- R.J. Anderson of DRays Bay reflects on the Matt Garza-Delmon Young trade.
- Aaron Gleeman runs through free agent second baseman options for the Twins. Also check out our free agent and trade candidates posts for second base.
- Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times talked to former Rays GM Chuck LaMar about the trade that sent Chad Gaudin to the Blue Jays for Kevin Cash.
According to Peter Abraham of The Journal News, the Yankees have released catcher Kevin Cash. The move frees up a spot on the 40-man roster for Josh Towers, who was recalled today.
Cash, 32, hit .250/.308/.558 in 28 plate appearances for the Bombers this year. He's spent most of the year with Triple-A Scranton, and is currently out with a shoulder injury.
MLBTR hosted a discussion on the Yankees' catching situation yesterday that drew a nice response. With Jorge Posada and Jose Molina sidelined, the Bronx Bombers are stuck with a real lack of depth behind the plate. As Ben Nicholson-Smith explained, the club could either decide to let Francisco Cervelli and Kevin Cash man the position until Posada returns, sign a veteran free agent, or make a trade.
Peter Abraham of The Journal News asked Yankees GM Brian Cashman which course of action he'll take on Friday night, and it appears the Yanks have decided to wait out the storm. "A trade would be difficult at this point," admitted the general manager.
Cervelli, a 23-year-old from Venezuela, went 1-for-4 with a walk and a run scored to help in a 4-0 victory over the Orioles on Friday. He also did a fine job flashing signals for CC Sabathia, and should get the majority of starts behind the plate. "This is a talented young man," said Yankees manager Joe Girardi. "I know how difficult it is to catch the ace when you're a rookie. He did a great job."
Cash, 31, has more experience than Cervelli, but boasts a .184 carrer batting average in the big leagues and has virtually no upside. He was signed to a minor league contract this winter.