- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- AL Notes: Hughes, Tomas, Lewis, Perkins, Leyva
- Minor Moves: Shane Watson
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- 2014-15 Free Agent Leaderboards
- Red Sox Notes: Tomas, Castillo, Uehara, Alvarez
- Astros Notes: Managers, Appel, Martinez, Rasmus
- Mets Links: Tomas, Payroll, Backman
- NL West Notes: Trumbo, Pennington, Maybin
- NL Central Links: Cueto, Arrieta, Zarraga, Brewers
- Multiple Teams Change Minor League Affiliations
- Rangers Notes: Washington, Young, Manager, Tomas
- Nationals Claim Pedro Florimon From Twins
- Nationals Designate Eury Perez For Assignment
- West Notes: Deadline, D’backs, Gibson, Stewart, Angels
- East Notes: Rasmus, Gee, Flores, Tomas
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Luis Montanez Rumors
Tonight's minor moves..
- The Astros signed pitcher Armando Galarraga to a minor league deal, writes Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. The 30-year-old will help the Astros fill a rotation spot at Triple-A Oklahoma City after starter after Henry Sosa agreed to pitch in Korea.
- The Cardinals signed outfielder Lou Montanez, according to the CBSSports.com transactions page. Montanez, 30, was released by the Phillies earlier this month. The outfielder struggled in 17 games for Triple-A Lehigh Valley, hitting just .136/.264/.159 in 53 plate appearances.
- The Orioles re-signed utility player Josh Barfield and assigned him to Double-A Bowie, tweets Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. The O's released Barfield from Triple-A Norfolk last month to make room for right-hander Jason Berken.
Today's minor moves..
- The Phillies have released outfielder Luis Montanez from their Triple-A affiliate, according to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer (via Twitter). Montanez, 30, signed a minor league deal with the club in December after appearing in 36 games for the Cubs in 2011. The outfielder has struggled in 17 games for Triple-A Lehigh Valley this year, hitting just .136/.264/.159 in 53 plate appearances.
- The Indians have acquired minor league reliever Loek Van Mil from the Angels for future considerations, according to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com (via Twitter). Van Mil, best known for his 7-foot-1 stature, also played previously in the Twins organization, by whom he was originally signed.
- The Padres have acquired minor league left-hander Tom Layne from the Diamondbacks and assigned him to Triple-A Tucson, according to MiLB.com's transactions page. Arizona drafted the 27-year-old left-hander in 2007, but he has not appeared in the Majors to date.
MLB.com's beat reporters have been digging up details on some recent minor league deals. Here are the latest updates:
- Robinson Tejeda will earn $825K if he makes the Indians' roster and can earn $50K for pitching in 50 games, 55 games, 60 games and 65 games, Jordan Bastian tweets. Tejeda would earn a $100K bonus for pitching in 70 games.
- Aaron Laffey will earn $800K if he makes the Blue Jays, Gregor Chisholm tweets. Brian Bocock would earn $480K at the Major League level.
- Todd Zolecki has the details on the Phillies' deals with Dontrelle Willis and Luis Montanez. Willis has many incentives, including bonuses for winning the Gold Glove and Silver Slugger.
- Jenifer Langosch reports what Anderson Hernandez ($500K), Logan Kensing ($675K) and Jose Morales ($650K) will earn if they make the Pirates' roster.
We'll keep track of today's minor league transactions here …
- The Cardinals signed utility player Eugenio Velez, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Velez appeared in 34 games for the Dodgers this past season, but didn't collect a single hit. He did post an .834 OPS in 235 Triple-A plate appearances, while playing right field, left field, second base and third base.
- The Pirates have agreed to terms with infielder Anderson Hernandez on a minor league contract with an invitation to Spring Training, the team announced. Hernandez, 29, has played in 240 Major League games over six seaons with the Mets, Nationals, Indians and Astros. He last appeared in the bigs with Houston in 2010.
- The Phillies announced they've signed infielder Hector Luna and outfielder Luis Montanez to minor league contracts with invitations to Spring Training. Luna has seen seen Major League action with the Cardinals, Indians, Blue Jays and Marlins, getting as many as 379 plate appearances with the Redbirds in 2006. Montanez appeared in 36 games with the Cubs in 2011.