UPDATE, 11-28-07 at 10pm: Krasovic has an update on the Union-Tribune's sports blog. Cameron's agent said tonight that he would decline the Padres' offer of arbitration. That doesn't mean the Padres still can't sign him, but it seems unlikely. Krasovic also notes that the Friars are pursuing Japanese reliever Kazuo Fukumori. As you know, they brought him in for a workout previously. The Rockies and Red Sox have been linked to him in the past.
FROM 11-28-07 at 10:40am:
- Sullivan says the Padres will probably offer arbitration to Mike Cameron. Cameron will then decide whether to accept by December 7th. It wouldn't make sense for the Padres to move on a center fielder until that is resolved. It's also possible that the Padres just sign Cameron to a two-year deal - they're sitting on a counteroffer from Cameron's camp.
- The Padres admit to interest in Andruw Jones, but it seems like a longshot. They probably won't go past one year, and even if Jones accepts that it's not a good ballpark to rebuild value.
- Sullivan names other center field possibilities: Aaron Rowand, Gary Matthews Jr., Reggie Willits, and Coco Crisp.
- As for left field, Krasovic notes that the Padres met with Geoff Jenkins yesterday. That might allow Scott Hairston to move to center if all of the above options fail.
- On the pitchiing front, Buster Olney notes that the Padres have expressed interest in Randy Wolf, Bartolo Colon, and Mark Prior.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Padres Rumors: Cameron, Jenkins, Colon: