A mailbag question came in:
So far what do you think are the three best free agent signings, and the three worst? - John
1. Alex Rodriguez - The best, most reliable player in the game. This contract will look better and better as salaries rise.
2. Andruw Jones - Low-risk two-year commitment to a possibly elite center fielder.
3. Mark Prior - Worst case, Prior fizzles and the Padres lose a million bucks. Best case, they pay four mil for three or even four decent months.
Others I liked: Kosuke Fukudome, Mike Lamb, Masahide Kobayashi, Milton Bradley, Randy Wolf, Eric Gagne
1. Torii Hunter - Good timing makes Hunter an $18MM player. Doesn't seem to fill a major need for the Angels, and now they have a glut of outfielders.
2. Kaz Matsui - What does he bring to the table? Just the speed? The Astros should've earmarked this money for starting pitching.
3. Scott Linebrink - Four years of a declining middle reliever.
Others I disliked: Luis Castillo, Geoff Jenkins, Tom Glavine
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Best and Worst Free Agent Signings: