All sorts of odds and ends to discuss this morning.
- I will be appearing on Rutgers Student Radio this morning at 8:40am CST. You can go here and click the "listen" link to hear it live.
- Keith Foulke threw for the majority of teams in baseball last week, topping out around 84. The D'Backs may make an offer. I don't believe they have signed a free agent yet.
- The New York Times says Jose Canseco has apparently dragged Magglio Ordonez into the steroid mess, with the FBI getting involved on possible extortion. I have to admit, I am going to read Canseco's new book. The first one was interesting but poorly written.
- The Giants' two-year offer to Pedro Feliz was rejected, and they seem inclined to fill third base internally. Joe Crede is not out of the question though.
- Seems that the Reds might be talking about a long-term deal with Brandon Phillips.
- Rewriting history: the Padres almost acquired Mark McGwire in 1995. Speaking of Kevin Towers, here's a quick look at his trading record. It's good.
- Team payroll data for '07 is out; it's not terribly surprising.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Foulke, Ordonez, Feliz, Phillips: