ESPN's Jayson Stark has been working the phones, and the result is his latest Rumblings and Grumblings column.
- Stark talked to an official from a "pitching-starved" team. This person said the Giants would have to eat at least $80MM of Barry Zito's remaining $112.5MM if they want to trade him. One scout suggested Zito's only chance at revival is a reunion with Rick Peterson.
- The Cards' Anthony Reyes is "eminently available." Problem is, John Mozeliak has a high asking price for the 26 year-old hurler.
- Edwin Jackson remains a hot commodity, but there's no reason for the Rays to move him.
- How much will Scott Boras want from the Red Sox for a Jason Varitek extension? If it's in the Jorge Posada four-year, $52MM neighborhood, there's no chance.
- Stark informs us of a highly sought-after 16 year-old Dominican pitcher named Michel Inoa. The kid could get a signing bonus north of $1.5MM. The Astros are one club interested in Inoa.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Stark's Latest: Zito, Anthony Reyes, Varitek, Inoa: