- Phillies Extend Grady Sizemore For 2015
- Braves Name John Hart President Of Baseball Operations
- Phillies Extend Jerome Williams For 2015
- Brian Roberts To Retire
- Rangers Hire Jeff Banister As Manager
- Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman As President Of Baseball Operations
- Diamondbacks Hire Chip Hale As Manager
- Orioles Extend J.J. Hardy
- Jeff Bridich Named Rockies GM; O'Dowd, Geivett Step Down
- Josh Beckett To Retire
- Yasmany Tomas Declared Free Agent
- Astros Hire A.J. Hinch As Manager
- Twins Remove Ron Gardenhire From Manager Role
- Reds Extend GM Walt Jocketty
- Diamondbacks Fire Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell
- Diamondbacks Hire Dave Stewart As GM
- Mets To Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Phillies Avoid Arbitration With Cesar Jimenez
- Phillies Extend Grady Sizemore For 2015
- Blue Jays Begin Contract Talks With Melky Cabrera
- Minor Moves: Mark Hamburger, Josh Stinson
- Braves Name John Hart President Of Baseball Ops
- NL East Links: Kaneko, Cuddyer, Ricciardi, Braves
- Blue Jays Receiving Calls On Adam Lind
- AL Central Notes: Aviles, Soria, Burton
- Phillies To Sign John Hester
- Twins Sell Kris Johnson To Hiroshima Carp
- Free Agent Profile: Rafael Soriano
- Angels Claim Jackson Williams From Rockies
- Twins Decline Jared Burton’s Option
- AL Notes: Indians, Hunter, Davis
- Rangers Notes: 40 Man Roster, Coaching Staff
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
2:29pm: Correction: the Sox are interested in Nationals closer Joel Hanrahan, not Lannan.
1:00pm: WSCR Radio in Chicago reports that the White Sox are interested in 23 year-old Nationals lefty John Lannan. Jon Heyman has heard the same. He has a fine 3.33 ERA in 119 innings this year. Not much of a strikeout rate though.
2:28pm: Joel Sherman says the Mets have an outside chance of snagging Ayala, a Minaya favorite.
1:12pm: According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, the Mets are discussing reliever Luis Ayala with the Nationals. Omar Minaya "badly wants a reliever."
The 30 year-old carries a 5.54 ERA in 50.1 innings, though he’s pitched better than that.
2:05pm: Count the D’Backs out, per Buster Olney.
1:35pm: Toss the Angels into the "not making a deal today" barrel.
11:00am: According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, the A’s are not likely to make a trade today. Olney’s source puts it at 1%. So, looks like Justin Duchscherer and Huston Street can rest easy.
1:50pm: Jayson Stark says Maddux is not heading to L.A., which means he won’t be traded.
7:07am: ESPN’s Buster Olney says trade talks for Greg Maddux have stalled between the Dodgers and Padres. The Dodgers have mild interest and all the leverage as the only West Coast contender who will consider him. It’s unclear whether the disagreement is over the $3.3MM owed to Maddux, possible prospects involved, or both.
Olney believes The Professor could be put on waivers on August if no deal is reached today.
1:41pm: MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo takes a look at Hernandez.
9:46am: According to ESPN’s Peter Gammons, the Marlins have acquired lefty reliever Arthur Rhodes for 22 year-old righty Gaby Hernandez. The Fish acquired Hernandez in ’05 for Paul Lo Duca. Hernandez is a solid return for Rhodes, even if he struggled in a Triple A stint this year. He spent some time on the DL this year with a left intercostal strain.
Rhodes, 38, has a 2.86 ERA in 22 innings this year after missing ’07 due to Tommy John surgery.
1:38pm: Jayson Stark says Fuentes is staying put. A little more than an hour left til the deadline.
9:33am: Mark Zuckerman of the Washington Times says the Nationals are leaning toward keeping Redding, and have even had preliminary extension talks with him. Trades of Paul Lo Duca, Odalis Perez, and Felipe Lopez are also unlikely.
THURSDAY, 8:31am: Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post indicates the Rockies want to keep Fuentes. He says they’re looking at starters such as Tim Redding, Josh Fogg, and Paul Byrd. Redding’s stock dropped last night with an ugly start.
WEDNESDAY, 9:12pm: On Sunday, Rockies GM Dan O’Dowd termed a Brian Fuentes trade "highly unlikely." However, ESPN’s Jayson Stark says the Rockies will decide late tonight whether to put Fuentes on the market. The Mets, Phillies, and Rays are out given the high asking price.
Ken Rosenthal wrote earlier that the Rockies were "poking around" with interested parties, still asking for a young MLB starting pitcher or two good prospects.
According to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, the Reds may pursue Rangers’ outfielder Nelson Cruz to replace Ken Griffey Jr. in right field.
Cruz, 28, is hitting a ridiculous .345/.436/.716 with 37 home runs in 97 minor league games. Of course, this is his fourth shot at Triple A.
Word on Chicago radio is that the Cubs have the Rangers’ Milton Bradley on the radar. However, it does not appear that the Rangers are motivated to trade him.
12:31pm: Joel Sherman does not agree – he says multiple sources shot down the Byrd idea. Byrd could end up traded in August. Sherman considers the Jarrod Washburn talks dormant, but Jon Heyman does not agree.
12:02pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees are "kicking around" Paul Byrd as an option. Names have yet to be exchanged. The Rockies have just mild interest in the 37 year-old righty.
12:09pm: ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick sees Laird staying put, at least until the offseason.
11:22am: Rosenthal says the Fish are pushing for Laird, but won’t give up an MLB-ready starter for him. Mike Hindman wonders if the Rangers are demanding Ryan Tucker, putting a wrinkle into the Manny talks.
10:02am: The Marlins can cross Ivan Rodriguez off their list of catching targets, though they did make a concerted effort according to ESPN’s Jayson Stark. They obviously couldn’t part with a veteran reliever; in fact they just acquired one in Arthur Rhodes.
Stark says the Marlins are still looking for catching help. He believes Bengie Molina will stay put, but Gerald Laird, Ramon Hernandez, Gregg Zaun, and others are still out there.