Would you like to write for MLB Trade Rumors? We are planning to bring one new person aboard to cover the Saturday morning shift. This is a paid position. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias toward your favorite.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing the news up in a few paragraphs. I want the best of both worlds, as you have to be able to do this quickly after the source article is published. It’s preferred that you add value to the article with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Attention to detail – no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone. Also it is important to avoid duplicating content previously covered on the site.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. This is crucial.
- Blogging experience is preferred. We use TypePad, which is easy to use if you have blogged before.
- Availability for the 9am-1pm CST time period, every Saturday morning. It is not four hours of non-stop writing, but you have to be at the computer the entire time monitoring the news and checking email.
- You have to be able to put up with me, responding to constructive criticism and digesting the MLBTR instruction document.
- If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your qualifications. Please don’t send anything to my other email address. Usually we receive a few hundred inquiries, so unfortunately I cannot reply to all. Thanks.