« A.J. Burnett Rumors: Thursday | Main | Tigers Unlikely To Add Closer »

Manny Feels Ignored; Threatens Retirement

Just when you thought you'd seen it all from Manny Ramirez... here we go again.

Ken Davidoff writes that Manny is feeling ignored on the free agent market, and will consider retiring if he doesn't receive a good offer soon.

I give this about a 0.3% chance of being a legitimate threat, and about a 99.7% chance that this is the old cliche of Manny being Manny at this point.

The Dodgers took a two-year, $45MM offer off the table when free agency began. The Yankees have interest but are unlikely to pursue if they land another quality starting pitcher. The Nationals have been thrown around, but they're wrapped up in Mark Teixeira right now. In the meantime, it's good to know Manny is still enjoying himself...

Ramirez told a friend that he spends most of his time working out, watching cartoons and playing video games.


Full Story |  Comments (99) | Categories: Manny Ramirez

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d834515b9a69e20105365d29b8970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Manny Feels Ignored; Threatens Retirement:







Lijit Search




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner







NAVIGATION

Site Map
Archives
Feeds by Team

MLBTR INFO

Advertise
About
Commenting Policy
Privacy Policy

CONNECT

Contact Us
Widget
Twitter
Facebook
Rss Feed


MLB Trade Rumors is a partner of FanVsFan. MLB Trade Rumors is not affiliated with Major League Baseball, MLB or MLB.com.