Good stuff from ESPN's Buster Olney in today's blog post.
- Olney says the Yankees would ask for Chad Billingsley or Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers for Robinson Cano. After the Dodgers turn down that request, the Yanks will ask for Matt Kemp. If the Yankees do move Cano, they could then pursue Orlando Hudson.
- Rival executives believe the Braves' offer to A.J. Burnett is worth $75MM over five years, if the fifth year vests.
- The A's will leave their offer to Rafael Furcal on the table for perhaps another two or three days before moving on.
- Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik will reach out to Raul Ibanez to discuss his situation. Ibanez has been devalued in the eyes of potential suitors by the draft pick cost that comes with him. Still, most teams must've expected the Ms would offer arbitration.
- Jason Giambi's agent is suggesting a three-year deal. Good luck with that.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Olney's Latest: Cano, Burnett, Furcal, Giambi: