4:54pm: The Big Unit is open to the Giants or A's, not a big surprise. Johnson's agent says about ten teams have expressed interest, Giants included.
11:49am: Ken Rosenthal is working overtime; here's his latest.
- The A's remain the frontrunners for Rafael Furcal. Also, they're targeting starter Randy Johnson to add a veteran presence to their rotation. Rosenthal adds that the A's may prefer Nick Johnson over Jason Giambi.
- The Phillies made an offer to Derek Lowe, who seems to be their backup plan if they can't sign Jamie Moyer. Rosenthal speculates that the Dodgers could consider Moyer. If the Phils sign Lowe, they may have to go cheap in left field.
- Oliver Perez and Randy Wolf are on the Yankees' radar.
- The Braves haven't ruled out five guaranteed years for A.J. Burnett. Rosenthal agrees with Mark Bowman that the Braves actually have little interest in Adam Dunn. He adds that Raul Ibanez might be out of their price range. Instead, the Braves could choose to trade Kelly Johnson for an outfielder.
- Rosenthal believes the Dodgers will renew talks for Robinson Cano at the Winter Meetings, and the Yankees will again ask for Matt Kemp.
- The Cubs are speaking daily to the Padres about Jake Peavy. Rosenthal says the Orioles do not seem to be the third team at this time.
- Rosenthal believes the Royals could make a run at Kyle Farnsworth.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Johnson, Cano, Peavy: