2:32pm: Patton, a righty reliever, was traded from the Reds to the Cubs in a prearranged deal. And the Royals immediately send Lugo to the Mariners. Head on over to Baseball America for analysis of the draft.
12:28pm: Baseball America has all the picks.
10:54am: The latest on the Rule 5 draft, to be updated...
- Here is the draft order. Baseball America's John Manuel suggests 10-12 players will be picked. You can refresh this MLB.com page to get the results as they come in.
- The Nationals took Reds righty Terrell Young with the first pick but may be trading or selling him off.
- The Mariners took Yankees middle infielder Reegie Corona from the Yankees. The Padres took Everth Cabrera of the Rockies.
- The Pirates took Donald Veal from the Cubs. The Orioles took Lou Palmisano from the Brewers and may trade him to the Astros. The Giants took Luis Perdomo.
- Reds take David Patton, Tigers take Kyle Bloom, Royals take Jose Lugo, A's take Ben Copeland.
- D'Backs take James Skelton, Marlins take Zach Kroenke, Astros take Gilbert de la Vera.
- Mets took Darren O'Day. Twins took Jason Jones. Brewers take Eduardo Morlan. Phillies take Robert Mosebach. Red Sox take Miguel Gonzales. Rays take Derek Rodriguez. That's it for the Major League phase.
- Gerry Fraley notes that everyone passed on White Sox reliever Mike MacDougal.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rule 5 Draft: