A couple of links on a sluggish Saturday afternoon in the baseball world…
- MLB.com's Anthony Castrovince has an update on Carl Pavano's contract: "Pavano, at his current rate, is projected to go 17-11 with a 4.63 ERA in 205 innings over 34 starts this season. If that were to happen, Pavano would make an additional $3.5 million in performance incentives, on top of the $1.5 million he is guaranteed this season."
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel breaks down some possibilities for the Brewers' first pick. Baseball America has Milwaukee selecting Notre Dame center fielder A.J. Pollock 26th overall. The Brewers boast five of the first 74 picks.
- Can't get enough draft coverage? John Sickels over at SB Nation's Minor League Ball hosted a first round mock draft this afternoon.
- Dodger Stadium and the surrounding area received it's own ZIP code today, 90090, in a ceremony behind home plate. The territory is already officially listed as "Dodgertown, California."
- Missouri right-hander Kyle Gibson, Baseball America's 4th ranked draft prospect, suffered a stress fracture in his throwing arm on May 30. He'll be out six weeks.