On this date 42 years ago, Brian Cashman was born. Cashman has been the General Manager of the Yankees since 1998 and is signed through 2011. With four weeks until the trade deadline, Cashman will certainly be active in the trade market. Let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere...
- The Guttridge-Wang Trade Model attempts to quantify all aspects of a trade.
- MLB Notebook looks at how teams that are willing to spend will control this year's trade market.
- Mets Geek evaluates some buy-low trade targets for the Mets.
- Sully Baseball recommends that the Mets not make any trades.
- Around the Majors takes a closer look at the two deals the Pirates pulled off this week.
- The Basball Opinion dissects the Pirates moves and what they could mean for the team's future.
- Rockin' the Red takes a look at what the Mark DeRosa trade means for the Cardinals.
- Statistician Magician makes a case for trading Jonathan Papelbon.
- River Ave. Blues looks back at the deal that almost sent Mariano Rivera out of the Bronx.