Even more links for your perusal…
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times says the Mariners' combination of brilliant fielding, top starters, journeymen and injuries present a "true conundrum" to GM Jack Zduriencik: Buy or sell?
- Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski told MLB.com's Jason Beck that "scoring runs is a concern," but not an urgent one. Carlos Guillen is rehabbing, so he'll provide a boost, but Dombrowski says his hitters have to perform better as a group.
- It's not getting any easier for the Reds. They face the Dodgers and Cubs this week and they'll have to play without Ramon Hernandez, who will miss 4-6 weeks to undergo knee surgery, according to the Sports Network, via the Miami Herald. The Reds will rely on Ryan Hanigan, who has out-hit Hernandez so far this year.
- Dave Sheinin of the Washington Post says the Mets, for now, are the most expensive fourth-place team in history. Their $136MM payroll leads the NL.
- Bradford Doolittle of the Kansas City Star says the Royals are in trouble because their relievers are "expensive and bad."
- Follow MLBTR on Twitter for all of your trade deadline updates.