On this date two years ago, the Yankees and Padres failed to reach an agreement on a trade for Kei Igawa after San Diego claimed the pitcher on waivers. The Yankees also chose not to let Igawa go to the Padres for just the waiver claim. Since then Igawa has made two starts for the Yankees and has spent the entire '09 season in Triple-A. With several teams active in the waiver market this season, let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- Around the Majors takes a look at how the deadline deals have worked so far.
- The Blue Jay Hunter looks at what the Alex Rios move could mean for the Jays moving forward.
- The Sports Bank gives 11 reasons why Alex Rios was a good pick up for the White Sox.
- A Game Of Inches argues that the White Sox would have been better off acquiring a minor league center fielder.
- UmpBump makes the case that the Alex Rios move was good for both sides.
- Josh's Thoughts takes a look at what the acquisition of Alex Rios by the White Sox means for the Twins and the rest of the AL Central.
- The Pinstriper imagines what the Yankees roster would look like today had they signed Mike Lowell in '07.
- Jorge Says No! says the Jays still need to move Vernon Wells if they ever want to move forward.