You want links? Well we got 'em...
- Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse says that Jason Kendall was looking for $5MM to return to Milwaukee for another year. Yeah, good luck with that. No wonder why the Brewers went with Gregg Zaun.
- Dan Uggla doesn't have any control over whether the Marlins trade him or not, but if they do, he hopes it happens sooner rather than later, according to Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post.
- When asked about the hot stove, Reds' manager Dusty Baker said "there's not much of anything going on," reports MLB.com's Mark Sheldon.
- Michael Silverman of The Boston Herald says that Pedro Martinez wants to pitch a full season in 2010, instead of going on the Roger Clemens plan (pitching in the second half only) again.
- Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic says that the D-Backs' perfect world Winter Meetings scenario "involves them acquiring a cost-effective starting pitcher in a trade and then using their remaining payroll flexibility to upgrade other areas of the club."
- According to WEEI.com's Alex Speier, Padres' GM Jed Hoyer said that given his (and new assistant Jason McLeod's) experience with the Red Sox, they have a “level of comfort” in any potential trade with them, moreso than with any other team.
- Re-signing Andy Pettitte is the Yankees' top priority, says George A. King III of The NY Post.
- MLB.com's Carrie Muskat says as many as three teams are interested in Milton Bradley, and Cubs' GM Jim Hendry will spend next week trying to find the best match.
- Former Blue Jays' GM J.P. Ricciardi said that Roy Halladay wants to be traded, according to The Canadian Press. Ricciardi added that a "lot of these decisions are out of the general manager's hands as far as what ownership perceives as fan reaction and what the perception of the club (is) and the direction that they are going. I think any time you have a player of this magnitude, that's really an ownership call."
- In addition to Justin Miller, the Dodgers also signed Prentice Redman to a minor league contract, according to Dylan Hernandez of The LA Times.
- MLB.com's Steve Gilbert has the news of three players the Diamondbacks inked to minor league contracts: T.J. Beam, Drew Macias, and Carlos Corporan. All three received invites to Spring Training.
- ESPN's Jayson Stark wrote about the five biggest plotlines going into the Winter Meetings next week, while Scott Miller of CBSSports.com has some pre-Winter Meetings chatter of his own.
- Got a problem with how FanGraphs puts a dollar amount on a player's performance? If so, Dave Cameron clarifies some things.
Full Story | Comments (102) | Categories: Andy Pettitte | Arizona Diamondbacks | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Cincinnati Reds | Dan Uggla | Gregg Zaun | Jason Kendall | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Milton Bradley | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Yankees | Pedro Martinez | Roy Halladay | San Diego Padres | Toronto Blue Jays
Rangers To Sign Shin-Soo Choo Orioles' Deal With Grant Balfour Falls Through Diamondbacks To Extend Brad Ziegler Kevin Youkilis To Sign With Rakuten Golden Eagles Twins To Sign Kurt Suzuki White Sox To Sign Scott Downs Royals Acquire Danny Valencia Twins, Braves Swap Doumit For Gilmartin Marlins Sign Casey McGehee Rockies Acquire Franklin Morales For Jonathan Herrera Rockies Acquire Drew Stubbs Angels To Sign Raul Ibanez Padres To Sign Joaquin Benoit Mariners To Sign Franklin Gutierrez Yankees To Sign Matt Thornton Yankees To Sign Brian Roberts Dodgers To Sign J.P. Howell Astros Sign Matt Albers White Sox, D-Backs Swap Reed For Davidson Braves Sign Gavin Floyd Indians To Sign John Axford Cardinals To Sign Mark Ellis Twins To Sign Mike Pelfrey Dodgers To Re-Sign Juan Uribe
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
West Notes: Choo, Astros, Kotsay East Notes: Price, O's, Balfour, Braves, Marlins Central Notes: Castro, Indians, Twins, Hart Brett Pill Reaches Agreement With KIA Tigers More React To Choo Deal Twins' Colabello Rejects Offer To Play In South Korea Minor Moves: Lin, Sanchez, Sosa, Ni, Burriss Reactions To Shin-Soo Choo Signing Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Price, Davidson, Angels Rangers To Sign Shin-Soo Choo Yankees Could Stay In-House For Last Rotation Spots Quick Hits: Castro, Cubs, Balfour, Phillies, Yankees Rakuten Golden Eagles To Sign Kevin Youkilis AL Notes: Youkilis, Angels, Gimenez Latest On Orioles' Closer Situation
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors