The Cardinals lead the Reds by a game, but they are looking to make moves between now and Saturday’s trade deadline. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch spoke to Cardinals GM John Mozeliak and turned up these rumors:
- Mozeliak says the Cards don’t want a “short-term band-aid” for the infield.
- The Cards still have interest in adding a “depth starting pitcher,” Mozeliak said. Jake Westbrook, Livan Hernandez and Dave Bush fit that description.
- The possibility that Kyle Lohse might return to the rotation won’t affect the Cards’ approach at the deadline.
- The Cardinals are close to a deal with supplemental rounder Seth Blair and expect to sign the pitcher soon.
- Intra-divisional deals aren’t impossible, but do seem “trickier” in Mozeliak’s estimation.