- A source tells George A. King III of the New York Post that the Royals will listen on all of their players, including Zack Greinke. As one MLB source explained to Yahoo’s Jeff Passan, the Royals would really need to be blown away to trade their ace (Twitter link).
- The Cardinals have slowed their search for a shortstop who can hit, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- Here's a major blow for the Royals: David DeJesus will miss two to six weeks, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (via Twitter). Either way, he's out until after the deadline.
- The Giants scouted Jose Guillen last night, according to Olney (Twitter link).
- Brewers manager Ken Macha appears to have job security for the rest of the season, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link).
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News suggests that the Phillies should send Raul Ibanez back to Seattle. That's a deal that wouldn't interest the Mariners in the least.
- Jeff Francoeur told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork that he loves New York, but wouldn't mind being traded if it means he gets to play more. The Mets appear to be trying to trade Francoeur.