Links for Friday night….
- Ned Colletti says the Dodgers could use another outfielder, but not as much as they need pitching, according to Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times.
- We heard recently from ESPN.com's Jayson Stark that Ted Lilly will likely be traded before the deadline. Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times says it could even happen by the end of the weekend.
- Frank Wren tells David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he often has to turn away teams inquiring about the Braves' young pitchers.
- The Reds could still be looking for bullpen arms, says Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
- GM Dave Dombrowski tells FOX's Jon Paul Morosi (Twitter link) that the Tigers aren't close to completing any trades.
- The Braves aren't showing much interest for now in Cody Ross, according to MLB.com's Mark Bowman.
- Lance Berkman is prepared to face free agency if his option isn't picked up, writes Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
- Corey Hart will have an MRI on his injured wrist tomorrow, according to the Brewers' Twitter feed. Teams in the market for an outfielder, having already seen David DeJesus go down this week, will be closely monitoring the results.