I've been waiting all day for Sunday night, because that's when we take a look back at the week that was on MLBTR..
- Waves were made on Sunday when Cards skipper Tony La Russa confirmed that Colby Rasmus had demanded a trade earlier in the season. La Russa also said that the youngster made a similar request in 2009. Rasmus later denied making such a request this year.
- We learned on Wednesday that the Red Sox offered Victor Martinez a two-year contract extension. However, he turned that proposal down and his agent Alan Nero says that Martinez is seeking a long-term commitment.
- Meanwhile, Boston is prepared to pick up David Ortiz's option. Big Papi's option calls for him to earn $12.5MM in 2011.
- Boston veteran Mike Lowell put all speculation to rest this week when he announced that he will retire after this season.
- Surprisingly, Aramis Ramirez says that he may not exercise his 2011 option worth $14.6MM.
- The Nats likely won't pick up Adam Kennedy's option for 2011.
- After DFA'ing Akinori Iwamura and Erik Kratz early in the week, the Bucs chose to release Iwamura and outright Kratz to Triple-A.
- It appears that Kevin Towers is the frontrunner for the Diamondbacks GM job.
- Speaking of Towers, the Padres DFA'd Steve Garrison and Towers convinced his current employers, the Yankees, to pick him up. The Yankees designated Wilkin De La Rosa for assignment in order to make room for the pitcher.
- The Dodgers designated infielder Ronnie Belliard for assignment.
- Reliever Taylor Buchholz landed with Toronto after being DFA'd by Colorado on Tuesday.
- Pat Knows. The Royals signed former Dolphins and West Virginia quarterback Pat White to a minor-league deal.
- The Phillies gave Nate Robertson his walking papers and claimed Cesar Carrillo from the Padres.
- The Angels released reliever Brian Stokes, whom they acquired last winter from the Mets. Utility player Robb Quinlan was also released by the Halos.
- Arizona acquired Matt Gorgen from the Rays to complete the July 31st Chad Qualls deal.
Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers NL East Notes: Mets, Braves West Notes: Padres, A's, Angels Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Rosenthal On Diamondbacks, Braves, Drew Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu AL Notes: Orioles, Izturis, Rangers, Bartlett Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors