MLB Trade Rumors recently unveiled the MLBTR Transaction Tracker, a tool designed to help readers sift through thousands of baseball transactions according to a number of categories. You can search by team, transaction type, date, player, agency, general manager, free agent type, contract length and contract value. Not enough choice? Try combining a few of those fields and you can do some more advanced searches. Here are a few examples:
- You can look up all the $100MM deals in baseball history and then limit the search to nine-figure extensions.
- If you're wondering how many deals of at least $5MM Scott Boras has brokered in 2010, you can do it.
- Click here to see which players were non-tendered in 2008.
- Here's a summary of the deals between the Cubs and Rockies since 2008.
- Kenny Williams has extended his share of players since becoming the White Sox GM.
- Forget which deals Williams has made with Kevin Towers over the years?
You can link to individual searches and share results on Facebook and Twitter. We link to the tracker under the 'tools' tab at the top of the page; here's the complete user guide. The possibilities with the Transaction Tracker really are endless, so we encourage you to try it out.