- The players' association has found that Scott Boras did not violate union rules when his company made loans to a Dominican prospect, according to the Associated Press.
- Adam Everett's minor league deal with the Indians will pay the 33-year-old $700K plus incentives if he makes the team, or $15K per month at Triple-A, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer (Twitter link).
- The Rockies will reach out to pitcher Jeff Francis this week, tweets Troy Renck of The Denver Post. There's a chance that the left-hander returns to Colorado but he might have a better opportunity elsewhere.
- Brandon Webb, who officially joined the Rangers earlier today, says that he won't rush himself back in order to start the season in the rotation, writes ESPN.com's Richard Durrett.
- Greg Johns of MLB.com likes the Mariners' signing of Miguel Olivo.