Here's look back at the original pieces we published here at MLBTR this week..
- This week we completed our analysis of the arbitration eligible players for all 30 teams, over 200 players in total. You can check out the complete series right here. Some of the biggest names in the series include Tim Lincecum, Matt Kemp, Cole Hamels, Hunter Pence, Clayton Kershaw, David Price, and Jacoby Ellsbury.
- We’ve been bringing you closer to the those who were identified by their peers as potential Major League GMs with a series of interviews. Recently, Tim Dierkes caught up with A.J. Preller, the Rangers' senior director of player personnel.
- The upcoming class of free agents figures to present an interesting study in the way teams are evaluating relievers these days, writes Dan Mennella. Mennella looks at this winter's available closers and how they were used in 2011.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith brought us the service time breakdown for the Angels' Mike Trout. If the Angels want to keep Trout under their control for an extra year, they could option him to the minor leagues for the season's first three months. In doing so, they'd ensure that Trout doesn't pick up more than 88 days of service in 2011.
- Non-tender candidate Hong-Chih Kuo went from being one of the most dominant bullpen arms in the game last September to taking about retirement this September, writes Mike Axisa.
- Tim Dierkes examined the free agent and trade market for catchers this winter. The Rays, Angels, Pirates, and Twins may seek help at catcher this winter, and none of the available players should be expensive to acquire.
- Do you prefer your MLBTR fix to be limited to only your favorite team? Don't worry, we've got you covered. Check out the links to our team Facebook, Twitter, and RSS pages and feeds.
- Mike Axisa rounded up the best baseball talk from around the web in this week's installment of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Diamondbacks lefty Joe Saunders sounds like a non-tender candidate, based on comments GM Kevin Towers made this week. We asked you to weigh in on whether or not Saunders would be offered a contract in 2012 and votes were split right down the middle.
- The Rays have plenty of pitching depth to work with this winter and may use that to upgrade their offense. We also gave our Offseason Outlook on the Pirates, White Sox, Angels, Mets, Blue Jays, and Rockies.
- Finally, if you missed out on our Wednesday chat, you can check out the transcript right here.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Chat Transcript Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Minor Moves: Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted Offseason In Review: New York Yankees NL East Notes: Beachy, Santana, Braves, Mets
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors