The latest on free agent first baseman Albert Pujols, with the newest updates on top...
- The Marlins' new offer to Pujols is for ten years, tweets MLB Network's Jon Heyman.
- Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio tweets that the newest Marlins offer is the one Lozano needed to bring to the Cardinals in order to push St. Louis to up their own bid.
- The Marlins met with Pujols twice on Monday night, writes Scott Miller of CBS Sports, and boosted their nine-year offer to Pujols in the process. No decision was imminent as midnight approached, according to Miller.
- MLB.com's Joe Frisaro tweets that the Marlins are set to meet with Lozano on Tuesday as well.
- ESPN.com's Jayson Stark talked to a source who described Pujols' meeting with the Marlins today as "very positive, very upbeat." The club hopes to meet with Pujols again tonight to determine one way or the other if the slugger is seriously considering the Fish.
- The Cardinals view the Marlins as "a real threat" for Pujols, tweets Newsday's Ken Davidoff. Davidoff says the Cards will meet with Lozano tonight, while Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the Marlins may meet with Pujols' reps again tonight as well.
- The meeting between Pujols' agent Dan Lozano and the Marlins lasted 30 minutes, tweets Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. MLB.com's Joe Frisaro says the Marlins have strong interest in Pujols.
- The Cubs met with Lozano today, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- The Cardinals have yet to modify their January proposal to Pujols, writes Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. That was a nine-year offer worth about $22MM per year, so only eight years remain if the offer is still valid. Strauss believes the offer included significant deferred money, as does the Marlins' current nine-year proposal. The Cubs' interest in Pujols is viewed skeptically, while the Blue Jays are "believed a potential player." The Marlins and Cardinals are expected to meet with Lozano today, writes Strauss.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Albert Pujols | Chicago Cubs | Miami Marlins | St. Louis Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays
Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Astros, Papelbon, Happ, Betancourt Central Notes: Phillips, Axford, Joba, Buck Yankees Notes: Infante, Price, Drew, Choo NL West Notes: Kemp, Veras, Crain, Padres Reaction & Analysis To Robinson Cano's Signing Red Sox Links: Mujica, Payroll, Drew Notes On Granderson, Beltran, Napoli Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Minor Moves: Thames, Tekotte, McDade Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Indians Notes: Albers, Carson, Antonetti Market Reset: 2013-14 Free Agent Spending To Date Orioles Notes: Free Agents, Johnson, Wolf, Feldman Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors