The latest on free agent first baseman Albert Pujols, with the newest updates on top...
- The Marlins' new offer to Pujols is for ten years, tweets MLB Network's Jon Heyman.
- Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio tweets that the newest Marlins offer is the one Lozano needed to bring to the Cardinals in order to push St. Louis to up their own bid.
- The Marlins met with Pujols twice on Monday night, writes Scott Miller of CBS Sports, and boosted their nine-year offer to Pujols in the process. No decision was imminent as midnight approached, according to Miller.
- MLB.com's Joe Frisaro tweets that the Marlins are set to meet with Lozano on Tuesday as well.
- ESPN.com's Jayson Stark talked to a source who described Pujols' meeting with the Marlins today as "very positive, very upbeat." The club hopes to meet with Pujols again tonight to determine one way or the other if the slugger is seriously considering the Fish.
- The Cardinals view the Marlins as "a real threat" for Pujols, tweets Newsday's Ken Davidoff. Davidoff says the Cards will meet with Lozano tonight, while Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the Marlins may meet with Pujols' reps again tonight as well.
- The meeting between Pujols' agent Dan Lozano and the Marlins lasted 30 minutes, tweets Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. MLB.com's Joe Frisaro says the Marlins have strong interest in Pujols.
- The Cubs met with Lozano today, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- The Cardinals have yet to modify their January proposal to Pujols, writes Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. That was a nine-year offer worth about $22MM per year, so only eight years remain if the offer is still valid. Strauss believes the offer included significant deferred money, as does the Marlins' current nine-year proposal. The Cubs' interest in Pujols is viewed skeptically, while the Blue Jays are "believed a potential player." The Marlins and Cardinals are expected to meet with Lozano today, writes Strauss.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Albert Pujols | Chicago Cubs | Miami Marlins | St. Louis Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Minor Moves: Barton, Cousins, Alberto Gonzalez Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters Midseason Top Prospect Trades NL East Notes: Braves, Brown, Quintero Eric O'Flaherty To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Draft Notes: Appel, Gray, Shipley, Manaea, Stanek Transaction Retrospection: The Jackson-Hudson Trade Scott Proctor Retires Minor Moves: Paulino, Resop, Teahen Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors