The deadline for NHL teams to make trades in preparation for their playoff runs passed this afternoon. Baseball's deadline is five long months away, but we've got these links to keep you going in the meantime...
- The Indians are trying to sign Asdrubal Cabrera long-term, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets. Cabrera told Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 that he and the Indians are "not on the same page right now" (Twitter link). The sides discussed a multiyear deal earlier in the offseason before avoiding arbitration with a one-year, $4.55MM contract.
- Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said he intends to own the club as long as he lives, Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports. “I love this team,” Loria said. The 71-year-old spent big on the likes of Jose Reyes and Mark Buehrle this offseason.
- In a piece at ESPN.com, Kevin Goldstein wonders how much top prospects Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and Matt Moore would command on the open market.
- In this week's edition of Ask BA, Jim Callis of Baseball America explains that Miguel Sano of the Twins might be the best power prospect in the minor leagues were it not for Harper.
- Georgia Southern outfielder Victor Roache had a chance to be selected in the first round of this year's draft, but he injured his wrist diving for a ball, according to Jason A. Churchill of ESPN.com.
- Just seven groups remain in the mix to purchase the Dodgers, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com. Jackson breaks down the list, which includes St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Asdrubal Cabrera | Cleveland Indians | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL East Notes: Mets, Marlins, Phillies, Blevins Overnight Links: Padres, Rule 5, Rockies, Iglesias Mariners Make Jesus Montero, Justin Smoak Available NL Central Notes: Cubs, Cards, Weeks, Carpenter Free Agent Rumors: Cruz, Benoit, Valverde, Giants Latest On Jeff Samardzija Matt Garza Could Sign By Weekend Fernando Rodney Seeking $10MM Per Year Doug Fister's Hidden Value To The Nationals Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap Looking At The Market For Kendrys Morales Minor Moves: Wilk, Martin, Hottovy Blue Jays Agree To Sign Tomo Ohka Braves Avoid Arbitration With Jordan Walden Quick Hits: Dodgers, Arroyo, Giants, Axford
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors