Padres GM Josh Byrnes made an appearance on XX 1090's Darren Smith Show earlier today. Here's the audio and here's a recap…
- "We've been on the phone a lot," said the GM when asked about ongoing trade talks, "… (but) we don't need to trade anyone."
- Because of the team's ownership situation, Byrnes said he does not have the ability to offer extensions. "Not at this moment," he said, talking specifically about Carlos Quentin and Huston Street. They have not talked dollars with either player yet.
- "All those guys are going to contribute," said Byrnes when asked if he was pleased with the Mat Latos trade. "It's one of those deals where both sides got what they wanted."
- He also spoke about Petco Park, Andrew Cashner and injuries in general, Nick Hundley's demotion, and more during the interview.
- Byrnes told MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez that the team signed Dominican third baseman Carlos Belen for $1MM (Twitter link). The Padres inked Belen earlier this week.