With the trade deadline less than 48 hours away, let's take a moment to catch up on the busy week that was here at MLBTR...
- The Angels acquired Zack Greinke in a trade with the Brewers. Milwaukee received top infield prospect Jean Segura and Double-A right-handers Ariel Pena and John Hellweg in exchange for its ace.
- The Phillies signed Cole Hamels to a six-year contract extension worth at least $144MM. The contract, which includes limited no-trade protection for Hamels, includes an option for a seventh year.
- Hanley Ramirez must hope that heading West will lead to improved production after being traded to the Dodgers. Los Angeles acquired the infielder and Randy Choate from the Marlins for Nathan Eovaldi and minor league right-hander Scott McGough.
- The Tigers acquired Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez from the Marlins in exchange for top pitching prospect Jacob Turner, along with Rob Brantly and Brian Flynn.
- The Pirates acquired left-handed starter Wandy Rodriguez from the Astros in exchange for minor leaguers Rudy Owens, Robbie Grossman, and Colton Cain.
- Ichiro Suzuki bid farewell to the only big league team he's ever known. The Yankees acquired the outfielder and cash from the Mariners in exchange right-handers D.J. Mitchell and Danny Farquhar.
- The White Sox acquired Francisco Liriano from the Twins for infielder Eduardo Escobar and left-hander Pedro Hernandez.
- The Padres announced the signing of Carlos Quentin to a contract extension through the 2015 season with a mutual option for 2016.
- The Giants designated infielder Emmanuel Burriss for assignment in order to clear room for the newly acquired Marco Scutaro. San Francisco acquired Scutaro and cash considerations from the Rockies in exchange for minor league second baseman Charlie Culberson.
- Jason Kendall retired on Tuesday after a long career in which he earned three All-Star appearances.
- Houston claimed first baseman/outfielder Steve Pearce off of waivers from the Orioles.
- Chuckie Fick was claimed off of waivers by the Astros from the Cardinals, who designated the right-hander for assignment last week.
- The Indians acquired Brent Lillibridge from the Red Sox for right-hander Jose De La Torre.
- The Angels acquired right-handed pitcher Barry Enright from the Diamondbacks in exchange for a player to be named or cash considerations.
- First baseman/outfielder Brandon Allen is headed to the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks after the Rays sold his rights.
- The Nationals released Rick Ankiel after the team designated the outfielder for assignment last week.
- Miguel Batista will remain in the National League as the Braves agreed to sign the right-hander after the Mets released the 41-year-old on Thursday.
- The Rays designated Hideki Matsui for assignment to create roster space for newly-acquired infielder Ryan Roberts.
- The Indians designated Aaron Cunningham for assignment.
- The Brewers designated catcher George Kottaras for assignment after activating Jonathan Lucroy from the disabled list. Catcher Humberto Quintero signed a minor league deal with Milwaukee.
- The Brewers also designated outfielder Brock Kjeldgaard and infielder Edwin Maysonet for assignment.
- The Orioles designated left-hander Dana Eveland for assignment.
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista Minor Moves: Cotts, Boyer, Barton Draft Notes: Manaea, Outfielders MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters Midseason Top Prospect Trades
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors