On this date in 2008, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey tied a Major League record with four wild pitches in one inning while with the Mariners. Catcher Kenji Johjima was also charged with a passed ball in the frame. Dickey is now enjoying a Cy Young-caliber campaign and has only uncorked two wild pitches in 168 1/3 innings for the Mets this season. Here's the latest from around the web…
- Climbing Tal's Hill interviewed Lance McCullers Jr., the 41st pick in this year's draft.
- Phoul Ballz interviewed Ethan Martin, who the Phillies acquired for Shane Victorino.
- MLB Reports interviewed Yankees prospect Tyler Austin.
- The Giants Cove wrote about the end of Melky Cabrera's time with the Giants.
- Phillies Nation wonders if the Phillies can sign Melky on the cheap this offseason.
- The Beaneball says re-signing David Wright would mean more than keeping the player.
- Rising Apple put together an offseason to-do list for Mets GM Sandy Alderson.
- Chicken Friars explored the cost of extending Chase Headley.
- Over The Monster wrote about Jacoby Ellsbury's future with the Red Sox.
- Sports of Boston looked at the Red Sox's missed opportunities at the trade deadline.
- DRays Bay says the Rays should sign Jeff Keppinger to an extension.
- Royals Review wonders if Royals GM Dayton Moore should have made more trades.
- Yanks Go Yard calls Hiroki Kuroda the Yankees' rotation savior.
- Burning Down the Yard wonders if Omar Quintanilla is the Orioles' solution at second.
- Padres Prospects wrote about some under-the-radar Padres minor leaguers.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog listed some managers on the hot seat.
- Baseball Reality Tour goes back and grades the moves made at the 2008 deadline.
- The Hardball Times analyzed the value of pre-arbitration players.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.