Today's minor moves, courtesy of Baseball America's Matt Eddy..
- The Braves have signed left-hander Daniel Rodriguez out of the Mexican League, reports Dave O'Brien of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The 27-year-old owns a 2.54 ERA in 117 innings this season, and has led the league in strikeouts in each of the past three years.
- The Cardinals have released Mark Hamilton, reports MLB.com's Jenifer Langosch (on Twitter). The 28-year-old put up a .231/.340/.419 line with 15 homers in 359 Triple-A plate appearances this season.
- The Diamondbacks signed right-hander Brett Tomko. The 39-year-old was released by the Reds earlier this month after posting a 3.78 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 4.5 BB/9 in 12 Triple-A starts.
- The Diamondbacks also signed third baseman Matt Mangini, who was recently released by the Rays. Mangini was with Tampa Bay's Triple-A affiliate but has been assigned to Double-A Mobile. The 26-year-old had a cup of coffee in the majors with the Mariners in 2010.
- Tigers outfielder Don Kelly cleared waivers and accepted his outright assignment to Triple-A Toledo. Kelly was outrighted after being DFA'd on August 3rd.
- The Twins released right-hander Eric Hurley, who elected free agency from the Angels last month. The 2004 first-round pick was once viewed as a high-ceiling prospect but has yet to appear in the majors since a five-game stint with the Rangers in 2008.