Jose Reyes stole his 50th base of the season on this date in 2008, becoming the first New York area player to steal 50+ bags in four consecutive seasons. That includes the Mets and Yankees as well as the Dodgers and Giants of yesteryear. Here is the latest from the baseball blogosphere…
- Randy Linville of Pirates Prospects explains why Pirates GM Neal Huntington should be fired.
- Wahoo's on First makes a case for firing Indians manager Manny Acta.
- Blogging Mets says the Mets must get creative with David Wright's extension.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing is starting to lose patience with the Mets.
- Yankees Fans Unite thinks missing the playoffs might be good for the Yankees.
- MLB Reports makes a case for Edwin Jackson being the best signing of the offseason.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if Carlos Pena is the worst free agent in Rays' history.
- MLB Injury News looks at how Matt Garza's injury impacts his trade stock.
- Crashburn Alley says the Phillies should just trade Juan Pierre already.
- BoSox Injection thinks Alfredo Aceves has played his way off the Red Sox.
- Lone Star Ball wrote about the Rangers' middle infield logjam.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.