ESPN Chicago's Bruce Levine held his weekly chat with fans today and discussed several topics about both Windy City teams, including these hot stove items…
- A source on the Tigers told Levine that the club wasn't interested in acquiring Carlos Marmol. Levine recently reported that Detroit was one of several teams who were looking at Marmol. There has been much speculation that the Tigers are looking for relief pitching to help their unsettled closing situation.
- There is currently "no movement" on the Marmol trade front. Levine doesn't think Marmol or Alfonso Soriano will be traded given the injuries that have hit the Cubs this spring.
- The Cubs are looking for extra pitching depth and a utilityman who can play both the infield and outfield.
- The White Sox will keep Gavin Floyd at least until July and perhaps beyond depending on where they are in the pennant race, Levine opines. Floyd was rumored to be on the trade block earlier this winter and could be the odd man out of the Sox rotation if John Danks is healthy.
- Earlier today on MLBTR, Ben Nicholson-Smith reviewed the White Sox offseason.