On this date eight years ago, Bud Selig made it clear during the the All-Star game Town Hall discussion that the designated hitter will remain in use for the foreseeable future. The commissioner, however, stated that the National League will never adopt the 1973 addition to the American League rule book. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- A's Farm talked about Oakland's top prospects with Grady Fuson, the Athletics' former scouting director and current special assistant to general manager Billy Beane.
- Halo History delves into the Angels' injury curse.
- AL Eastbound & Down evaluated the Blue Jays as the All-Star break approaches.
- I R Fast asks if Joba Chamberlain still has value.
- NASORB thinks the Mariners should consider adding players who are controllable beyond the 2013 season in addition to entertaining offers for impending free agents.
- Hardball Scouting has the goods on Maikel Franco and Jesse Biddle.
- i70 Baseball says there should be a third Royals All-Star — closer Greg Holland.
- Baseball Hot Corner discusses the Yasiel Puig misconception.
- Lasorda's Lair says baseball needs to deal with Puig and his bat flip.
- The Giants Cove is surprised by general manager Brian Sabean's negativity.
- Pinstripe Pundits likes Kendrys Morales for the Bombers.
- Phillies Nation says general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. should call Sabean Hunter Pence, but only if he's available at the right price.
- Rays Colored Glasses runs down potential trade targets for Tampa Bay.
- Puckett's Pond has some ideas for the kind of players that the Twins should zero in on.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.