On this date three years ago, Bud Selig announced that MLB would be taking over operations of the Dodgers because of concerns over team finances and the ability of Frank McCourt to run the franchise. The team was facing substantial debt payments which the owner planned to meet by using funding from the club's new $2.5 billion, 20-year media-rights deal with News Corp.'s Fox Sports, but the Commissioner withheld his approval of the deal. It's amazing what a difference three years can make. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus caught up with Sal Fasano, the Blue Jays' hidden gem.
- IR Fast introduces you to Yuki Matsui.
- Camden Depot contemplates the 2016 Orioles.
- Inside The Zona reflects on the Kevin Towers saga.
- Mariner Brainstorm reflects on the 2011 draft.
- Hidden Vigorish is bullish on Pedro Alvarez.
- Replacement Level Red Sox runs the numbers on a possible Jon Lester extension.
- Outside Pitch looks at the ten hardest throwers in baseball.
- Chicago Now discusses the usage of Mike Olt.
- MLB Reports talks Moneyball at its best.
- True Sports Blog says the Astros should move Scott Feldman now.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.