On this date in 2012, Jim Thome set a major league mark with his 13th career walk-off home run, a solo shot over the left-field wall in the bottom of the ninth inning, giving the Phillies a dramatic 7-6 victory over Tampa Bay. Before that, the 41-year-old shared the record with Hall of Famers Jimmie Foxx, Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, and Frank Robinson. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- National League Theory talks Giants GM Brian Sabean.
- Birds of BABIP sees Mark Buehrle as the Blue Jays’ biggest surprise this season.
- Pine Tar Press discusses Royals extension candidate Danny Duffy.
- FanDuel remembers some of Tony Gwynn‘s greatest career achievements.
- Baseball Hot Corner looks at Ben Zobrist as a fit for the Giants.
- Blue Jays Plus talks Zobrist in Toronto.
- Inside The Zona wants to know where the D’Backs go from here.
- The Giants Cove isn’t surprised by the SF’s recent skid.
- Call To The Pen wonders if Coco Crisp will ever hit 20 homers again.
- Camden Depot appreciates Steve Pearce.
- Beisbol’s Blog examines Jimmy Rollins‘ Hall of Fame credentials.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.