On this date in 1897, the Chicago Colts set the record for most runs scored in a game by one team when they crushed the Louisville Colonels, 36-7. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere.
- Beisbol’s Blog is searching for the real Justin Verlander.
- Camden Depot sees a starter in disguise in David Lough.
- Beyond The Box Score wonders why stars seem to struggle when they change teams.
- Rays Colored Glasses names potential suitors for Ben Zobrist.
- AZ Snakepit says the D’Backs should move on from Addison Reed.
- Redbird Rants spoke with the author of The Sabermetric Revolution.
- Red Sox Ramblings says Boston needs to make a change behind the plate.
- Infield Chatter says the Padres’ next GM will reap the fruits of Josh Byrnes’ labor.
- Rising Apple says the Mets have to keep Daniel Murphy if they want to contend.
- MLB Reports asks if the Orioles should make a blockbuster deal.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].