A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week, as another non-waiver Trade Deadline has come and gone:
- Jeff Todd and Mark Polishuk recapped the cornucopia of deals completed on the final day of the deadline and summarized every trade made during the month of July by division (AL East, NL East, AL Central, NL Central, AL West, and NL West).
- Jeff asked MLBTR readers which team made the best buy Thursday. Over 45% of you believe the Tigers’ acquisition of David Price was the shrewdest move.
- How is a trade transacted after July 31st? Jeff provided this primer on the rules for August swaps.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report Andres Torres exercised the opt-out clause in his minor league deal with the Red Sox.
- Steve Adams hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Zach Links put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.