Today marks a significant milestone in baseball history; it’s the 20th anniversary of Cal Ripken’s 2,131st-straight game played. With his appearance that day, of course, Ripken broke the seemingly unreachable run of consecutive games set by the legendary Lou Gehrig.
As we offer a tip of the cap to both the Iron Horse and the Iron Man, let’s take a look around at some recent baseball blog posts:
- Blue Jays Plus looks at what new president Mark Shapiro means to Toronto.
- Reviewing the Brew advocates to keep Matt Garza in the rotation.
- Legends On Deck traces the remarkable re-emergence of Jake Arrieta.
- Baseball Hot Corner likes the Jays’ Josh Donaldson for AL MVP.
- Athletics Farm previews the organization’s 2016 Triple-A roster.
- Outfield Fly Rule talks about the value of “winning” the first overall draft pick.
- Yankees Unscripted asks whether the Yanks could bring back Stephen Drew.
- Rum Bunter talks September call-ups for the Bucs.
- Know Hitter advocates a return to Detroit for Doug Fister.
- Camden Depot discusses Mychal Givens and next year’s O’s bullpen.
- The Point of Pittsburgh has a chat with MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo.
- Fueled By Sports disagrees with the league’s decision on Shoeless Joe.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected]