A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On Friday, MLBTR rolled out its 2015-16 Top 50 MLB Free Agents list, with predictions as to where each player will wind up. Where will David Price land? How much will Jason Heyward earn? Click the link to hear Tim Dierkes’ picks!
- On the most recent installment of the MLBTR Podcast, Jeff welcomed Tim to discuss the site’s annual top 50 free agent predictions. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast is released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- From a pure payroll standpoint, the Diamondbacks look to be in excellent shape moving forward, but there is still work to be done, as Steve Adams writes. The pitching staff will be Arizona’s top priority and Steve looked at the second-tier arms that might appeal to Arizona.
- There’s a new regime in Philadelphia and it’ll be up to the revamped front office to make something of its blank slate, Jeff writes. Overall, Jeff sees the Phillies having a fairly modest offseason, though he thinks that they should at least explore creative trades.
- How do rival clubs view Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro? MLBTR’s Brad Johnson asked readers to weigh in on Sunday night with their thoughts.
- Addressing Heyward’s impending free agency is step No. 1 to the Cardinals’ offseason, Charlie Wilmoth writes. Beyond that, Charlie looks at how the Cards might beef up their bench and keep up their strong pitching.
- The Braves are looking to put an excellent product on the field when they open their new park in 2017 and Jeff ran down what they might do this winter to set themselves up for their future home. Atlanta was willing to part with its long-term control over Evan Gattis and Craig Kimbrel last offseason, so it would seem that anything is on the table for them in terms of trades.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account:@TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing conversation-inspiring images about the hottest topics in baseball. From there, we invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section, and even share the link with a friend. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instagram account, this is the perfect excuse to sign up and get one. Follow us on Instagram today!
- If you missed out on last week’s chat, check out the transcript here.