- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Contest: Win Share Of $100K Payout
- Ishikawa Outrighted By Pirates, Likely To Elect Free Agency
- Royals Release Cory Wade
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
- Padres In Active Trade Talks Involving Nick Hundley
- Rangers Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment
- AL Notes: Amador, Lester, Gonzalez
- Astros Outright Lucas Harrell
- Padres Acquire Tyler Greene From Braves
- Tommy John Surgery Likely For Ivan Nova
- Orioles To Designate Steve Pearce For Assignment
- Blue Jays Claim Darin Mastroianni, Designate Kenny Wilson
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- NL Central Links: Maldonado, Volquez, Walker, Cubs
- Free Agent Notes: Hanrahan, Carbonell, Penny, Braddock
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Alex Hinshaw Rumors
We’ll keep track of the day’s minor moves here…
- The White Sox signed catcher Bryan Anderson and left-hander David Purcey to minor league deals, Eddy reports (on Twitter).
- The Diamondbacks signed Kila Ka'aihue, Matt Eddy of Baseball America reports (on Twitter). The 28-year-old appeared in 39 games for the Athletics this past season, posting a .234/.295/.398 batting line.
- The Blue Jays announced that they signed outfielder Ricardo Nanita and left-hander Alex Hinshaw to minor league contracts. Nanita played for the Blue Jays' Triple-A team in 2012, hitting 12 home runs. Hinshaw appeared in 33 games for the Padres and Cubs in 2012, posting a 6.04 ERA. The team also confirmed its minor league contracts with infielder Jim Negrych and right-hander Neil Wagner.
- The Chunichi Dragons have agreed to sign utility player Hector Luna to a one-year, $450K deal that includes $200K in incentives, Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com reports (on Twitter). Luna, 32, appeared in 28 games for the Phillies this past season, playing first base, third base and left field. In seven seasons at the MLB level, he has a .262/.314/.385 batting line.
- The Pirates announced that they’ve agreed to sign right-handers Brooks Brown and Erik Cordier to minor league contracts with invitations to Spring Training. The club also announced minor league deals with right-handers David Bromberg and Luis Sanz, and infielder Alex Valdez. Finally, the Pirates officially announced their minor league deal with former MLB outfielder Felix Pie.
A total of 28 players — all with big league time under their belts — recently elected free agency after finishing the year in Triple-A. Here is the full list, courtesy of the International League and Pacific Coast League transaction pages…
- Infielders: Brian Bixler (Astros), Sean Burroughs (Twins), Blake DeWitt (Cubs), Alberto Gonzalez (Rangers), Angel Sanchez (Astros), Nate Spears (Red Sox), Drew Sutton (Pirates)
- Outfielders: Travis Buck (Astros), Ryan Langerhans (Angels), Mitch Maier (Royals), Darnell McDonald (Yankees), Jai Miller (Orioles), Trent Oeltjen (Dodgers), Jason Pridie (Phillies), Mike Wilson (Mariners)
- Right-handed Pitchers: Roman Colon (Royals), Mike Ekstrom (Rockies), Jack Egbert (Mets), Ryota Igarashi (Yankees), Evan Meek (Pirates), Scott Richmond (Blue Jays), Kip Wells (Padres), Randy Wells (Cubs), Dan Wheeler (Indians)
- Left-handed Pitchers: Alex Hinshaw (Cubs), Cesar Jimenez (Mariners), Zach Kroenke (Diamondbacks), Garrett Olson (Mets)
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alberto Gonzalez | Alex Hinshaw | Arizona Diamondbacks | Baltimore Orioles | Blake DeWitt | Boston Red Sox | Brian Bixler | Chicago Cubs | Cleveland Indians | Colorado Rockies | Dan Wheeler | Darnell McDonald | Drew Sutton | Evan Meek | Garrett Olson | Houston Astros | Jack Egbert | Jai Miller | Jason Pridie | Kansas City Royals | Kip Wells | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | Minnesota Twins | Mitch Maier | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Randy Wells | Roman Colon | Ryan Langerhans | Ryota Igarashi | San Diego Padres | Seattle Mariners | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Transactions | Travis Buck | Trent Oeltjen | Zach Kroenke
Today's outright assignments:
- The Cubs have outrighted left-hander Alex Hinshaw to Triple-A Iowa, according to the Pacific Coast League transactions page. Hinshaw had been designated for assignment last Tuesday, after surrendering back-to-back-to-back home runs in a game against the Brewers the night before. Hinshaw has a 6.04 ERA with 11.4 K/9, 6.7 BB/9, and 2.5 HR/9 in 33 games between the Padres and Cubs this season.
The Cubs designated left-hander Alex Hinshaw for assignment just nine days after claiming him from the Padres, Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com reports (on Twitter). The Cubs called up right-handed reliever Blake Parker in a related move.
Hinshaw posted a 4.50 ERA with 11.6 K/9 and 6.4 BB/9 in 28 innings with the Padres before being claimed off of waivers by Chicago on August 19th. He appeared in two games for the Cubs, recording just one out. The 29-year-old allowed three home runs to the Brewers last night and didn't record an out.
Hinshaw posted a 4.50 ERA and 1.54 WHIP in 28 innings of relief work for San Diego this season. He logged a strong strikeout rate of 11.6 K/9, but struggled with his control (6.4 BB/9). Prior to pitching for the Padres this season, he last appeared in the big leagues with the Giants in 2009.
Hinshaw is expected to join the Cubs in Milwaukee tomorrow in time for their series against the Brewers, tweets Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com. The Cubs, however, have yet to announce a corresponding roster move.
The Padres have designated left-handed pitcher Alex Hinshaw for assignment, the club announced via press release.
Hinshaw, 30 in October, posted a 4.50 ERA and 1.54 WHIP in 28 innings of relief work for the Friars this season. The lefty logged a strong strikeout rate of 11.6 K/9 but struggled with his control (6.4 BB/9). Prior to pitching for San Diego this season, he last appeared in the big leagues with the Giants in 2009.
In a corresponding 40-man roster move, the Padres selected left-hander Tom Layne from Double-A San Antonio.