- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Jon Lester Rumors: Wednesday
- Dan Runzler Released To Pursue Opportunity In Japan
- Reds Make Ryan Ludwick Available
- NL Notes: Phillies, Dodgers, Nationals
- Quick Hits: Blue Jays, Braves, Yankees, Byrd, Tigers, Padres
- Twins Unlikely To Deal Josh Willingham Before Deadline
- Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin
- Latest On Marlins’ Starting Pitching Search
- Cubs Moving Closer To Bonifacio Trade
- Quick Hits: Dodgers, Sox, Phils, Yanks, Indians, Cards
- Red Sox, Orioles Discussing Jon Lester
- Latest On Middle Infield Market
- Latest On Royals’ Pitching Search
- AL East Notes: Yanks, Danks, O’s, Harvey, Rays
- Visit HoopsRumors.com and ProFootballRumors.com
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Brian Buscher Rumors
The latest minor league transactions from Baseball America's Matt Eddy…
- The Astros released second baseman Drew Meyer, who was then signed by the Angels. Meyer has already racked up 39 plate appearances for the Salt Lake Bees.
- The Dodgers released reliever Jesus Colome. They'd signed him on June 24th, but he made only three appearances for the Isotopes before being let go.
- Other familiar names were cut, including Brian Buscher (Indians), Ruddy Lugo (Tigers), and Mike Koplove (Mariners). The Red Sox signed Argenis Reyes, who had been playing independent league ball.
4:09pm: The Indians also signed Brian Buscher, Mike Gosling, and Luis Rodriguez to minor league deals, according to a team press release.
Buscher, 29 in April, has a career line of .266/.343/.356 with the Twins, mainly at third base. Gosling, 29, tossed 25 innings for the Indians last year with a 5.04 ERA. He posted a 4.81 ERA in an additional 67.3 Triple A innings. Rodriguez, 29, had a career-high 251 plate appearances with the Padres this year but hit just .202/.319/.260. He's capable of playing all around the infield.
10:59am: The Indians signed reliever Jason Grilli to a minor league deal, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. Grilli will make $800K in the Majors. Grilli first tweeted about the signing on November 23rd, but couldn't reveal the team. The 33-year-old righty posted a 5.32 ERA in 45.6 innings for the Rangers and Rockies this year, whiffing over a batter per inning but battling control and elbow problems. If the Indians are happy with Grilli, they can retain him for 2010 and 2011 as an arbitration-eligible player.
Some links for Tuesday…
- The Nationals hired former White Sox GM Ron Schueler as a special assistant to Mike Rizzo, according to a team press release.
- Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos must decide in the coming days whether to proceed with a payroll of about $80MM or ask ownership for more money, according to MLB.com's Jordan Bastian.
- Phil Wood of MASN.com doesn't think it makes sense for the Nats to trade Adam Dunn away.
- ESPN.com's Rob Neyer says the Yankees will probably want to become younger this offseason, even if it's just a marginal change.
- Former Rockies assistant GM Chris Rice tells Irv Moss of the Denver Post how "exciting and tense" the expansion draft was before the team's inaugural season.
- As Danny Knobler of CBSSports points out, the Phillies' decision to go after Cliff Lee instead of Roy Halladay looks smart right now.
- Harry Pavlidis of The Hardball Times looks at Stephen Strasburg's performance in the Arizona Fall League and says the top pick "is proving to be everything he was hyped to be."
- MLB.com's Matthew Leach guesses that Matt Holliday will not return to the Cardinals in 2010.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the Rangers could decide today whether Thad Bosley, Rusty Greer, Clint Hurdle or Gerald Perry will become the team's next hitting coach.
- Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins outrighted Brian Buscher to Triple A. He can become a minor league free agent 16 days after the World Series. Aaron Gleeman doesn't expect Buscher to remain in the organization.