Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins To Sign Ichiro Suzuki
- Giants To Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
- Braves To Sign Jonny Gomes
- Astros Sign Colby Rasmus
- Rangers Acquire Yovani Gallardo
- Cubs Acquire Dexter Fowler For Valbuena, Straily
- Nationals To Sign Max Scherzer
- Cardinals Sign Lance Lynn To Three-Year Deal
- Astros Acquire Evan Gattis
- Nationals, A's Swap Tyler Clippard, Yunel Escobar
- Royals Extend Ned Yost
- D-Backs Sign Yoan Lopez
- Pirates Sign Jung-ho Kang
- Athletics Acquire Ben Zobrist
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Blue Jays End Negotiations For Dan Duquette
- East Notes: DeJesus, A-Rod, Flores
- West Notes: Astros, Tulowitzki, Padres
- Cafardo On Shields, Blue Jays, Price
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: D’Backs, Nelson, Navarro
- Quick Hits: Duquette, Flowers, Meyer
- Quick Hits: Shields, Yankees, Craig
- Texas Notes: Dominguez, Astros, Rangers
- Quick Hits: Papelbon, Beachy, Olivero
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Saturday
- Quick Hits: Shields, Porcello, Buxton
- Giants Re-Sign Brandon Hicks
- Minor Moves: Quintero, Bowker
- Quick Hits: Marlins, Reds, White Sox, Rangers
- Tigers Notes: Price, Scherzer, Kelly
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Brian Buscher Rumors
The latest minor league transactions from Baseball America's Matt Eddy…
- The Astros released second baseman Drew Meyer, who was then signed by the Angels. Meyer has already racked up 39 plate appearances for the Salt Lake Bees.
- The Dodgers released reliever Jesus Colome. They'd signed him on June 24th, but he made only three appearances for the Isotopes before being let go.
- Other familiar names were cut, including Brian Buscher (Indians), Ruddy Lugo (Tigers), and Mike Koplove (Mariners). The Red Sox signed Argenis Reyes, who had been playing independent league ball.
4:09pm: The Indians also signed Brian Buscher, Mike Gosling, and Luis Rodriguez to minor league deals, according to a team press release.
Buscher, 29 in April, has a career line of .266/.343/.356 with the Twins, mainly at third base. Gosling, 29, tossed 25 innings for the Indians last year with a 5.04 ERA. He posted a 4.81 ERA in an additional 67.3 Triple A innings. Rodriguez, 29, had a career-high 251 plate appearances with the Padres this year but hit just .202/.319/.260. He's capable of playing all around the infield.
10:59am: The Indians signed reliever Jason Grilli to a minor league deal, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. Grilli will make $800K in the Majors. Grilli first tweeted about the signing on November 23rd, but couldn't reveal the team. The 33-year-old righty posted a 5.32 ERA in 45.6 innings for the Rangers and Rockies this year, whiffing over a batter per inning but battling control and elbow problems. If the Indians are happy with Grilli, they can retain him for 2010 and 2011 as an arbitration-eligible player.
Some links for Tuesday…
- The Nationals hired former White Sox GM Ron Schueler as a special assistant to Mike Rizzo, according to a team press release.
- Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos must decide in the coming days whether to proceed with a payroll of about $80MM or ask ownership for more money, according to MLB.com's Jordan Bastian.
- Phil Wood of MASN.com doesn't think it makes sense for the Nats to trade Adam Dunn away.
- ESPN.com's Rob Neyer says the Yankees will probably want to become younger this offseason, even if it's just a marginal change.
- Former Rockies assistant GM Chris Rice tells Irv Moss of the Denver Post how "exciting and tense" the expansion draft was before the team's inaugural season.
- As Danny Knobler of CBSSports points out, the Phillies' decision to go after Cliff Lee instead of Roy Halladay looks smart right now.
- Harry Pavlidis of The Hardball Times looks at Stephen Strasburg's performance in the Arizona Fall League and says the top pick "is proving to be everything he was hyped to be."
- MLB.com's Matthew Leach guesses that Matt Holliday will not return to the Cardinals in 2010.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that the Rangers could decide today whether Thad Bosley, Rusty Greer, Clint Hurdle or Gerald Perry will become the team's next hitting coach.
- Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins outrighted Brian Buscher to Triple A. He can become a minor league free agent 16 days after the World Series. Aaron Gleeman doesn't expect Buscher to remain in the organization.