Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Quick Hits: Umpires, Parity, Yankees, Pirates, Tigers
- Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma
- Padres Have Discussed Trading Myers For Hamels
- West Notes: Tulo, Scutaro, Vogelsong, A’s, Astros
- MLBTR Originals
- AL East Notes: Wieters, Rays, Yankees
- Spring Training Deadline For Justin Upton Extension
- NL Notes: Dodgers, Padres, Stewart, Braves
- Cafardo On Shields, Scherzer, Wieters, Tulowitzki
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Blue Jays, Rasmus, D’Backs
- Nexen Accepts Jung-ho Kang Posting Fee From Unknown MLB Team
- Quick Hits: Cuba, Padres
- Poll: Will The Padres Reach The Postseason?
- McDaniel On International Bonus Pools
- Angels To Sign Cuban Infielder Roberto Baldoquin For $8MM Bonus
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Damion Easley Rumors
Newsday's Ken Davidoff runs through six current free agents, digging up new information about a few.
- Paul Byrd never received a call from the Angels, so he'll continue to wait until later this summer to see what's available.
- Frank Thomas is working with hitting coach Mike Easler, who believes "Frank might give it to the All-Star break." Easler says another client of his, Jacque Jones, could help a club.
- Jim Edmonds would play in the right situation, but his agent Paul Cohen doesn't know if there will be an offer. Damion Easley, another Cohen client, would also like to continue his career.
- A friend of Orlando Hernandez's tells Davidoff he's considering a comeback. El Duque didn't pitch in the Majors last year.
- In my opinion, these free agents are better served playing independent league ball than working out privately.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel talked to Brewers GM Doug Melvin about the team's second base situation. Rickie Weeks is out for the season with wrist surgery, but Melvin is not interested in the three free agent second basemen: Ray Durham, Mark Grudzielanek, and Damion Easley. Durham's agent called Melvin, saying his client would need a while to get ready. Melvin decided not to pursue Durham, who played for the Brewers last year. Easley's agent also reached out to no avail, according to MLB.com's Adam McCalvy.
There have been no trade talks, either. Instead, the Brewers will mix and match with internal options at second base and go back to Weeks next year.
5:54pm: The D’Backs offered Vazquez a one-year deal with a club option for 2010, according to his agent. Vazquez has a better offer from another club, and awaits a counteroffer from Arizona. He wants a multiyear deal.
10:20am: Jack Magruder of the East Valley Tribune says the D’Backs offered a one-year contract to Vazquez, but he seeks a multiyear deal.
10:08am: According to MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert, the Diamondbacks have talked to the representatives for free agent infielders Damion Easley and Mark Loretta recently. They’ve already offered a contract to Ramon Vazquez; Easley or Loretta could form a platoon with him.
Easley hit .297/.366/.459 against lefties the past three seasons, while Loretta batted .300/.383/.424. Easley earned $950K last year. Loretta accepted the Astros’ arbitration offer but lost his case and was paid $2.75MM.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says Arizona’s conservative offseason agenda could leave them little margin for error in 2009.
According to RotoWorld, the Mets have exercised Moises Alou‘s $7.5MM option for 2008. With a $1MM buyout, this was effectively a $6.5MM decision. Even with time lost to injury Alou should be worth 3-4 wins, so the price is right.
They also re-upped Damion Easley, not sure the amount quite yet. Maybe $1.5MM or so. He had a nice 76 games this year and it wouldn’t be the end of the world to give him the regular 2B job.
Now the Mets can move onto more important issues, like filling second base and catcher and driving up the price for A-Rod.