Trade Rumors Apps
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Free Agent Notes: Robertson, Lester, Hunter, Scherzer
- Rays Managerial Finalists Are Wakamatsu, Cash, Ibanez
- Minor Moves: Romak, Orioles, Billings, Avery
- Andrew Miller Has Multiple Three-Year Offers
- Pablo Sandoval Rumors: Friday
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast: Episode 7
- NL West Notes: Preller, Montero, D’Backs, Anderson, Giants
- Reds Listening On Jay Bruce; Padres Have Shown Interest
- NL East Links: Lester, Stanton, Niese, Mets
- Braves Shopping Justin Upton; Asking Price Higher Than Heyward
- Quick Hits: Saberhagen, Kubel, Transactions, Front Offices
- Pirates To Sign Radhames Liz To Major League Deal
- Padres, Braves Emerging As Yasmany Tomas Favorites
- Mitch Moreland, Michael Saunders Change Agencies
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Dan O’Dowd Rumors
Links for Monday…
- Slate's Craig Fehrman writes about "the sports media's unique mindset toward [online] aggregators" and how MLBTR fits in.
- On his MLB.com blog, Phillies reliever Scott Eyre suggests he and catcher Paul Bako are reconsidering retirement because they're having so much fun.
- Dodgers GM Ned Colletti told CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler that he offered four players to the Indians for Cliff Lee back in July. Lee instead landed with the Phillies and shut down the Dodgers last night.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star believes it's very difficult for fans and reporters to create realistic trade scenarios. Do you agree?
- The Rockies are "ready to finalize deals with general manager Dan O'Dowd and manager Jim Tracy," according to Tracy Ringolsby of Inside The Rockies.
- The Yusei Kikuchi talks are moving along, says NPB Tracker's Patrick Newman. U.S.S. Mariner's Jay Yencich gives his scouting report on Kikuchi. In another post, Newman runs down the interested MLB teams. He notes that the Rangers sent pitcher Derek Holland along with Jim Colburn.
- WEEI's Alex Speier passes along a Dale & Holley appearance by ESPN's Buster Olney. Olney guesses the Red Sox might stop at four years for Jason Bay, and their primary competition will come from the Mariners and Giants.
- ESPN's Peter Gammons discusses Jed Lowrie as Boston's short-term answer at shortstop, with Jose Iglesias as the long-term answer.
- Pete Grathoff of the KC Star writes about the 35-year anniversary of Tommy John surgery.
With the Rockies' 2009 season over, Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post is already discussing 2010. Here's the latest:
- Look for GM Dan O'Dowd to receive a new contract soon. O'Dowd will then attempt to re-sign manager Jim Tracy.
- Rafael Betancourt has a steep $5.4MM club option for 2010. The reliever wants to return, and Renck finds it possible. He says catcher Yorvit Torrealba, who has a $4MM mutual option, is less certain to remain with the team.
- The Rockies are expected to let free agent starter Jason Marquis leave and replace him with Jeff Francis. Presumably the Rockies will not offer arbitration to Marquis, a probable Type B free agent. Jason Giambi, Jose Contreras, and Joe Beimel are possibilities to re-sign.
- Renck sees Garrett Atkins as a trade or non-tender candidate. It wouldn't make much sense for a team to acquire Atkins prior to the non-tender deadline in mid-December.
- Renck considers right fielder Brad Hawpe a trade candidate given the Rockies' outfield depth. Hawpe will earn $7.5MM in 2010, but he can void his $10MM option for 2011 if traded. During the last four seasons, Hawpe has posted OBPs of .381 or better and SLGs of .498 or better. The knock is that he can't hit lefties, but he did a tolerable job against them in 2008-09. The other knock against Hawpe is his subpar defense. He still might fit with the Cubs or Mets, in my opinion.
The latest from SI's Jon Heyman…
- Heyman talked to Padres CEO Jeff Moorad, who is looking for a disciplined and strategic general manager rather than an intuitive exec like Kevin Towers. Heyman says the new GM will be hired within weeks. Boston's Jed Hoyer is in the mix, and Oakland's David Forst fits the profile.
- The Rockies will offer new contracts to GM Dan O'Dowd and manager Jim Tracy.
- The Angels made an offer to Bobby Abreu, who is finishing up a one-year deal that will pay him at least $6MM. Heyman says "no progress has been reported thus far." Abreu said in September that he wants to return.