I write this odds and ends post with two less wisdom teeth than I had yesterday. Looks like applesauce for dinner.
- Jon Heyman says the Dodgers and Tigers haven’t talked lately, and doesn’t see L.A. taking on Brandon Inge‘s $19.1MM. Aside from the standard Giants suggestion, Heyman puts on his speculation cap and wonders whether Inge could catch for Houston. What is J.R. Towles, chopped liver?
- This is questionable, but hey, it’s a Friday. Hi5 is a popular social networking site in Central America. A reader sent me a link to this page, which may belong to future superstar kid shortstop/Boras client Edward Salcedo. The owner of the page slapped up a big ol’ Indians logo over a month ago with the caption "my team." I have to reiterate that I don’t know if this is really Salcedo’s page. The Tribe said on Tuesday that Salcedo remained unsigned.
- The Orioles are observing 34 year-old journeyman reliever Bryan Corey.
- Joe Nathan, still chatting contract with the Twins. Kelly Thesier noted that it was the Twins reaching out recently. Nathan’s agent will meet with them Tuesday.
- Jacob Jackson goes out on a limb and wonders if Justin Upton could be Oakland’s first $100MM player.
- The new Phils-ville blog is up.