Ken Rosenthal has a new column up; let’s take a look.
- Rosenthal gives a good refresher on July trade candidates; pretty much the names you’d expect.
- Reasons for Wayne Krivsky’s firing are discussed. By the way check out John Fay’s blog for some candid final comments from Krivsky. One interesting note is that he had no extension talks with Adam Dunn.
- The D’Backs could use Max Scherzer to strengthen their bullpen, or they could shop Chad Tracy for a reliever.
- Rosenthal wonders whether the Nationals might consider the under-30 segment of the next free agent class.
- Plenty of teams continue to express interest in the Rays’ Edwin Jackson. Something has to give in their rotation when Scott Kazmir returns, but demoting Andy Sonnanstine to the pen would solve the logjam.